About Travel Insurance
Travel insurance is an insurance policy which covers all risks while the insured is traveling within India or abroad. It is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident or other losses encountered while travelling. These policies are generally arranged at the time of booking of a trip to cover exactly the duration of that trip and take care of the risks and losses that might occur during the trip. Some policies offer higher and lower medical-expense options, higher ones are mainly for countries that have high medical costs. Various policies are available in the marketplace but care must be taken to choose the plan according to personal requirements.
Key Features of Best Travel Plan
Compensation for flight issuesMedical emergencyTravel and accommodationLegal liability and expenses
This plan is usually covered while traveling abroad. It offers with compensation in certain cases like flight delay or cancellation. The plans are also provided with accommodation during the waiting period.
Travel policies bears the medical expenses including hospitalization, medical treatment for bodily injuries, ambulance fee, etc.
Any emergency leading to termination or delay in the trip is usually covered by travel plans. It also covers expenses for hotel accommodation, in-between transportation and other emergencies.
Travel plan also offer coverage for legal liabilities and corresponding legal expenses, in addition to medical and accommodation coverage.
Types of Travel Insurance
- Domestic Travel Insurance: It offers coverage for medical emergencies, untimely death, checked-in lost baggage, travel delay and personal liability for the insured who are traveling within the country.
- International Travel Insurance: It provides a comprehensive coverage for overseas medical expenses, baggage, travel delays, repatriations to India during international travel.
- Medical Travel Insurance: It is a short-term travel insurance plan designed to cover the health care and medical expenses when the insured travel overseas.
- Senior Citizen Travel Insurance: This plan is for people who belongs to the age group of 61-70 years. It has a coverage for dental treatments, cashless hospitalization besides the other usual benefits associated with travel plan.
- Student Travel Insurance: This policy is for students traveling abroad on student visa to pursue higher studies. This provides a coverage for medical expenses, passport loss and study interruptions.
- Multi-Trip Travel Insurance: This plan is designed for frequent fliers for multiple trips where the insured do not have to apply for insurance every time they travel. It offers extended coverage for a year.
- Single-Trip Travel Insurance: This plan offers coverage for medical and non-medical emergencies during travel and the policy duration is for a single trip.
- Group Travel Insurance: This policy covers for a bunch of people who are not related to each other by blood and are traveling together to a distant place. The coverage is comprehensive and provides protection from a number of contingencies.
- Family Travel Insurance: This plan is for entire family of the insured individual from travel related crises. This covers for hospitalization, baggage loss and other related expenses.
- Corporate Travel Insurance: This plan provides coverage for the employees of an organisation for domestic and international trips.